B.Ed. or Bachelor of Education is most popular course in the field of education in India. This course is exactly suitable for those who want to make their career as a teacher. Are you awaiting to know more information about B.Ed. course details like duration, eligibility, scope, syllabus, career and jobs etc, let’s read this article.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Bachelor of Education
Content In This Article
Bachelor of Education or B.Ed. is a bachelor’s degree course in education field. This course is particularly designed for those who wants to pursue a career in teaching and its related field. For teaching in both primary and high schools, this B.Ed. course is must require across India. This course is mandatory in primary and high schools.
Scope of B.Ed. Course
This B.Ed. course is most demanded course in Education. On completion of this course there are number of employment opportunities can get the candidates of this course. This course provides the basic knowledge and skills for the students which are useful, to make themselves as professional teachers. The growth of commercial private sector in education by various companies such as Educomp solutions and Everonn Education, the job prospects of B.Ed. degree holders are increasing in private sector also.
Advantages of B.Ed. Course
- Bachelor of Education course can makes an individual as a skilled and efficient teacher of various subjects.
- This helps the students to develop their teaching skills, so through this course the candidates can teach quality education to their students.
- It has a wide scope in government sector also.
Complete Bachelor of Education Course Details
Bachelor of Education or B.Ed. is an undergraduate academic course of Education. In this bachelor course, the students from arts stream will learn and trained to teach the subjects like civics, history and geography. The students from science stream will trained to teach the subjects such as mathematics, physics and chemistry.
The duration of this course is one to two years depending upon the institution.
- The basic qualification to pursue this course is any degree from Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Commerce.
- Some institutions will conduct the entrance examinations both at state levels and national level also.
- The candidates who got minimum percentage of marks in entrance examination are eligible according to National Council of Teacher Education.
- The admission of the candidate depends on the merit score of that candidate.
- Philosophical and Sociological Basis of Education
- Learning Process
- Nature and Development
- Guidance and Counselling
- Comparative Education
- Population Education
- Value Education
- Educational Technology
- Elementary Education
- Health and Physical Education
5. Methodology of Teaching
- Teaching of Hindi
- Teaching of Social Studies
- Teaching of English
- Teaching of Mathematics
- Teaching of Science
- Teaching of Mother Tongue
- Teaching of Computer Education
- Teaching of Home Science
- Teaching of Music
- Teaching of Public Administration
B.Ed. Course through Distance Education
One of the convenient mode of B.Ed. course is distance education. This mode of education is mostly includes online and sometimes physical appearance must in case of training classes. The candidate can learn and prepare as per the time availability of that person. It is important advantage of distance education procedure. In India number of colleges or universities offers the B.Ed. course through distance or correspondence learning process.
Some Distance Education offering Colleges are as follows.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Karnataka State Open University, Bangalore
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Annamalai University, Chennai
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
B.Ed. candidates can work in various areas such as schools, coaching centers, educational consultancies, education department of government sector and home tuitions etc. The candidate can mainly worked in higher secondary and primary schools.
- Some Recruitment Areas of B.Ed. candidate are given below.
- Government and Private Schools
- Educomp Solutions
- National Council of Educational Research and Training
- Everonn Education
- National University of Educational Planning and Administration
Let’s check the common job roles done by Bachelor of Education candidates.
- School Teachers
- Education Researcher
- Vice Principal
- Syllabus Designer
- Content Writer
- Educational Consultant
The average salary for B.Ed. candidates is approximately Rs.3, 00,000/- per annum in private sector.
In case of government sector the candidates can earn around Rs.3 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs per annum.
Salary package will be increased is based on the working experience of the candidate.