GPSC Exam Details: Hello every one. You may have heard about the Public Service Commission examinations which are considered as one of the top most qualifications in India. A lot of importance is given to the person who had got qualified in the PSC examination and today in this session we shall be discussing about one of the segments of the Public Service commission examinations.
Each state is involved in conducting PSC examinations and GPSC is one amongst them. The full form of GPSC is Gujarat Public Service Commission. It came into force from 1st May 1950. GPSC aims to conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the State. It also involves in deciding the matters like recruitment to various Civil Services of the State.
Certain principals were to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers. it consistently creates and nurtures a Public Service which is independent, Effective and Being Capable to meet new challenges faced by the government.
Various examinations organized by the GPSC are listed out below. Candidates interested to enter into the Public Service Commission of Gujarat state must get qualified in any one of the examinations stated hereby. They are Group-I/II/IV/V/VI/VII/VIII (A/B) Services, Combined Subordinate Services examination (CSSE-I/II), Medical Services, Agricultural Services, Educational Services, Fisheries Services, Forensic Services, General Subordinate Services, Industrial Services, Labor Services, Jail Subordinate Services, Handloom and Textiles Services and many more segments accordingly.
Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. It is conducted in three phases, a Preliminary examination, Mains examination and Physical test. The entire process from notification to preliminary examination and declaration of the final results roughly takes a period of one year. Here in this explanatory session we will get to know the clear details regarding each and every examination held up with GPSC, their eligibility, core syllabus etc.
GPSC Exam Eligibility:
Candidates interested to apply for GPSC examination must definitely be a resident of Gujarat state. Other state candidates aren’t allowed to get recruited through GPSC within Gujarat state as it is a state wise examination.
Educational Qualification for GPSC Exam
- A degree(or) its equivalent Qualification in a relevant stream from a State or Deemed university either through regular or distance education
- Any qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent
GPSC Exam Age Limit
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
- For OBC the upper age limit is 35
- For SC and ST the limit is 37
How Many times can we apply for GPSC Exam?
Accordingly to the age limit mentioned above, candidates may apply as many times as possible up to the upper age limit and upon attaining their maximum age they aren’t allowed to take GPSC examination.
GPSC EXAM STAGES:
GPSC Civil services exam is conducted in three phases Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Physical test as mentioned earlier. Notification for exam comes in April and Prelims falls in August. The prelims result comes in September. The Mains exam falls in December and result is out mostly in Feb/ March.
Stage I: A preliminary examination (Objective Section) consisting of two objective-type papers (general studies and aptitude test). Candidates applied for the examination is tested with the General Knowledge questionnaires up to the recent time of the examination and Aptitude test to check the accuracy and speed of the candidates.
Stage II: A mains examination is subjective section, the compulsory and optional subjects and the maximum marks fixed for each subject is explained below
- Paper I English 200 marks
- Gujarati 200 marks
- General studies paper1 (objective) 200 marks
- General Studies paper 2 200marks
- VI to IX Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects accordingly to the candidates choice and HIS/HER previous educational background and Each subject will have two papers 400 marks
Stage III: Interview 100
GPSC EXAM DETAILS OF FEE STRUCTURE:
- Candidates applying offline (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100 (one hundred rupees only) through a single Central Recruitment Fee Stamp.
- All Female Candidates, Physically handicapped and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes are exempted for paying the application fee
- Candidate claiming age relaxation/fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their detailed application form, a certified copy of the caste/Percentage of Disability from a Government Hospital/Medical Board in support of his claim for being physically handicapped.
** For more information regarding Recruitment notification, admit cards and other academic core details kindly visit www.aiming.in **